We are seeking teachers who are passionate about working with young children to join our team!
Kemit Academy is a nurturing, fun, and vibrant environment for children aged six weeks to five years. We are proud to offer high-quality childcare and education in a carefully designed environment to support relationships among children, parents, and educators.
Kemit Academy is a year-round program. We are looking for fun and energetic Teachers who are team players. Lead Teachers must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a child-related field as a minimum along with a positive attitude and great interpersonal skills.
Lead Teacher daily duties include:
- Developing lesson plans.
- Meeting the individual needs of the children
- Parent communication
- Participation in staff and training meetings
- Designing an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom
- Interacting with the children to support play, exploration, and learning
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills.
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
- Building teamwork
- Using assessment tools
- Committing to continuing education
Lead Teachers write and implement their own lesson plans based on Illinois State Early Childhood Developmental Guidelines and monthly school themes. Most importantly, they create a positive learning environment in their classroom where children develop a lifelong love of learning.
Kemit Academy offers competitive salaries and benefits based on experience, education, and certifications. Please attach a complete resume with salary requirements along with the preferred position when applying.
Full-time benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance*
- Enrollment in Simple IRA/Retirement Plan
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Early Childhood Education: 2 years (Preferred)
- 15-30 semester hours (or 45 quarter hours) of credits from an accredited college or university with six semester hours (or nine quarter hours) in courses related directly to child care and/or child development, from birth to age six
- A waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To keep our staff, families, and children as safe as possible, we are taking a number of precautions. These include, but are not limited to, taking the temperature of everyone who enters the building and requiring the use of face coverings.